Thursday, December 23, 2004

Packing

One thing I hate about traveling is packing. I don't know how to pack...meaning I always overpack. I want to have choices when I get to my destination, not be limited by what fits in the suitcase.

I'm hours from going home for the holidays. I have solved my dilemma. I'll take a minimal set of clothes and once home I'll shop if I want more choices. Simple as that. It's a win-win situation. hahahaha

I wanted to leave work at 3pm today to take care of last minute errands. A production problem ruined those plans. Can the problem be reproduced? What do the logs show? blah, blah, blah I work well under stress, but not when there are people standing on either side of me, watching my every move, waiting for results. I suddenly forget how to type and have trouble remembering things that I know. Same situation without an audience, I would not stress out. I finally was able to leave at 6:10pm. That sucked.

I'm trying something different this year. I did not buy any gifts for my family. I do not want to carry anything extra to the airport. Since this was a last minute decision on my part, I did not order gifts online which would have already arrived. I see nothing wrong with cash, they can get whatever they want. That's another win-win situation, right? Why do I feel weird about it then? Oh well.

I just pray I don't get stranded anywhere due to weather and that my plane arrives at 9:05pm just like it's suppose to...just in time for Christmas.

No comments: