Monday, October 11, 2004

New Phase

A lot of people I know are no longer with the company. I am still employed, except it's not the same group. I am not too happy about this. Yes, my team worked crazy hours and had way too much work but it was a great team. I can blame all this on the reorganization, the company's realignment of priorities.

Rumor is I'm in the new group because of my development skills. I said goodbye to those skills almost two years ago. This is pulling me away from the management track I was focusing on.

I can adapt to change that is not the problem. The first step is getting through the knee-deep architecture documents to get myself up to speed on my new project and technoligies. The second step is building relationships with my new team. I can already tell they are not a social bunch and I am not feeling particularly social myself.

All the time leading up to the reorg I thought I was handling the stress pretty well. As soon as it was over, my body let me know other wise. I'm going on my second week of having a cold. This is not normal for me. Maybe it's the age. ahhahhahah

No comments: