Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Just another day in the life of...

Today was a day of new beginnings, sort of.

My friend, who has been trying to adopt for three years, was given the news she can pick up her son on Friday. No children on Wednesday and a child on Friday. Imagine that emotional roller coaster ride. Very happy for her. It's very sad to see someone who wants to be a parent and for whatever reason can't.

My friend's father has been diagnosed with beginning stages of Alzheimer's. His mother died of cancer earlier this year.

My friend met someone who turned out to be married, but he forgot to disclose that in the last three months. Sad part is she was really into this guy.

My friend found out she's someone's girlfriend. Yep, he introduced her as his girlfriend. She's delighted. Once you get to be a certain age it's weird to ask, 'are we boyfriend and girlfriend?'

My friend started crying at work. She's overwhelmed with everything that is assigned to her at the moment. I invited her out to drinks. Me of all people.

My mother called to tell me my cousin got married. Another one. I think she's given up hope on her own daughter. jeejjee

My boss tells me "I am very happy you are part of my team." I started laughing. (I don't know how to accept a compliment.) He followed that by telling me he has started the process for a promotion. Yay!

Received my umpteenth invitation to another babyshower this year.

Still waiting to hear about the apartment.

No comments: