Monday, June 05, 2006

Expensive Europa

One of my friends announced she is going to Europe for 10 days in October. She says the cost is going to be about $3000. This number does not include shopping. Damn, I am out of the loop when it comes to overseas travel costs.

I need to buckle down about my own trip. First on the list will be my passport. (I'll need that for Mexico anyway starting next year.) I stopped by the bookstore yesterday to look at the travel books. I don't know where I want to go. I know it's Italy and Spain, two weeks maybe three. But what cities? Timeframe is October after a two week vacation in Mexico. As I am writing all of this, I dare say, I must think money grows on trees, specifically the tree out front.

People keep telling me to buy my tickets and make my reservations. I didn't see what the big deal was. October is still some time away. Not really. It's only four months away. Like I said, I need to buckle down and come up with a plan. I'd love to be one of those people that just goes and is open to whatever. But I don't know when I would ever go back so I need to see the cool stuff. Okay, I'm starting to feel stress. Isn't vacation suppose to be fun?

The World Cup is almost here. I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to watch the games. Work gets in the way.

No comments: