Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sad day

Yesterday my boss' boss scheduled a last minute meeting. Fifteen minutes. It's purpose was to let us know one of our coworkers was in the intensive care unit. When I arrived at work this morning there was an email saying he passed away last night. He had an accident that caused severe head injuries.

He was a nice guy, always smiled, smart and absent minded. (I don't mean this disrespectfully.) In meetings people had to pay attention because one minute he was talking about one thing and the next minute it was something else there was really no flow of thought, but we all knew that for a successful project all the tangents needed to be pieced together because all the information was there.

I see my coworkers more than my own family, which explains the shock I'm feeling. All the mortality questions that follow a death really f*ck with my head.