Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hiking Season

is here! I could have gone at any time, but the weather is just right for it. Get there early in the morning to be done by noon before the heat kicks in. It was hot yesterday, so hot that I finished my water before I was done with the trail.

Work has been taking up it's fair share of my life. Exercise classes the other part. Sleep the third part. Weekends are catch up time with all the errands. When I write it down like this, it sounds like I am wasting the "best years of my life." Part of me feels, that is actually a true statement. Work-Life balance sounds like a great thing but incorporating it is not so easy.

I'm counting down the weeks to September 15th. This is the day my sabbatical starts. I realized my procrastinating *ss waited too long to get my passport. It's on my agenda for this week. Have to go take some pictures.

I've dropped the ball communicating with some of my friends. I have two cards in my bag which were to be mailed in June. It's July now and it seems stupid to senf them because they are way overdue. Things change when you are not there to experience with them first hand.