Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ode to Jersey

Any film that starts with a Coldplay song in the background is a keeper. Coldplay puts me in a trance. A dangerous trance at that. I've noticed that all I want to do is close my eyes and listen. A few months ago I caught myself starting to close my eyes while driving! What the ....!

Garden State
This is a story about returning home after a long absence, coming out of a prescribed medication stupor, handling of personal grief and finding the not-so-perfect mate. And it's still funny! A little sad too. To top it off, I'm buying a copy of the sountrack.

Scrubs' Zack Graff wrote, directed and starred in this film. Pretty good job, but I went to see it because he makes me laugh on a weekly basis. The second reason was Ms. Natalie Portman. I have been a fan since I saw her in The Professional carrying around that plant. Third reason? I like quirky.

No comments: