Thursday, August 19, 2004

Smart Action Hero

I should have refreshed my memory by renting The Bourne Identity, but I didn't.

The Bourne Supremacy
India. Berlin. Moscow. These cities formed the background scenery for the film. India was crowded and chaotic. Germany was extremely clean and bright. Russia was an economy in recovery. All these places lived up to what my imagination has conjured up.

I'm calling this the intelligent person's action movie because it requires a bit of thought. Although it does seem a bit predictable at times I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel. I'll probably watch them back to back once the DVD for this latest movie is out.

I remember as a kid I always wanted to be a spy. I don't remember what movie I watched that made the spy profession alluring. My version of a spy career did not allow for people to be hurt or killed, only the 'simple' retrieval of information.

No comments: