Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Crummy

I'm feeling ill at the moment. I hope it is only something I ate and not the flu. I have to be on a plane on Sunday which has a layover in Denver. The same Denver that experienced a "powerful blizzard" today. The same Denver I was stuck in a few years ago due to bad weather.

A friend and I had a long conversation about nothing. We were trying to figure out what to give each other for x-mas.

m: "What do you want?"
a: "I don't know, nothing really."
m: "Yeah, me either. Maybe a CD by Patrizio Buone."
a: "Who?"
m: "An Italian I saw on public television."
a: "I like Michael Buble."
m: "When did you start listening to Michael Buble?"
a: "It's been a while."
m: "We're getting old."
a: "Yeah."


Gift giving has lost its fun. I used to enjoy shopping for people, now it's a duty. Another task to cross off my list. Maybe next year we'll scratch gifts altogether. All gifts are going to be late this year.

m: "By the way, your gift is going to be late. Let's celebrate El Dia de Reyes."
a: "Yeah, let's exercise our Mexican traditions."
m: "Sounds good."
a: "I participated in a Posada."
m: "What's that?"
a: "Mexican tradition."
m: "Really?"