Saturday, May 15, 2004

Adoption


Life is really funny. People that have no intention of getting pregnant 'accidentally' do so. People that want children badly cannot have them. People who have opted for adoption are put through hoops and don't always get a child.

Today I attended an adoption panel to show the powers that be that my friends have a support group to which they can turn during the process and afterwards too. There were ten couples looking to adopt who for whatever reasons are not able to have kids of their own.

Through various scenarios I am learning I have beliefs I never knew I had because there was no reason to think those thoughts. I agree that a loving home is first and foremost the most important thing for any child, but I question minority children in white households due to possible identity issues.

No comments: