Sunday, May 16, 2004

Greek Mythology


Someone questioned my reasons for going to go see Troy this weekend. She was implying that my only reason for going was to see Brad Pitt on the big screen. I am not that shallow. The only person I would go see for eye-candy purposes is Colin Farrell. hahahhah

I went to see Troy because it's the precursor for the summer blockbusters. Because it's a big movie. Because my understanding of Greek mythology is nil.

Now I know why she was questioning my motives.

Troy
Wow. I don't mean "wow" what a great movie. I mean "wow" Brad Pitt really worked out. I remember his athletically slim frame in Thelma & Louise. This is a beautiful man...feature wise. I enjoyed my latest addition to the eye-candy shelf.

The movie reminded me about some stuff I had read back in high school. It all came back. It was not the greatest film, but I enjoyed it.

My only complaint is that I think the fight scenes would have been more dramatic if they had been filmed in slow motion a la Saving Private Ryan. You could even call them poetic.

No comments: