Sunday, April 17, 2005

Seattle Day #2

I didn't rent a car, because the guidebooks said traffic was bad, parking was expensive and I could walk everywhere. I walked alright. There are some hills in Seattle that I think rival the ones in SF. I was tired yes, but enjoying every second. (Note: Need to start exercising.)

Being in my spiritual mode, I went to mass at St. James Cathedral. The place was beautiful, but no Spanish mass. I had to go for the English, which took away from my participation since I don't know the English version of prayers. The mass was good, very organized, no crying children, great choir. Completely different from my regular Sunday mass.

I trekked down to Pioneer Square, Seattle's oldest neighborhood. I spent hours here because I came across The Elliot Bay Book Company. I was in heaven! Great bookstore, with creaky wooden floors and staircases. Books, books and more books. (Sigh)

No comments: