Monday, April 18, 2005

Seattle Day #3

My plan was to go to the Seattle Art Museum and Tacoma's Museum of Glass. Museums are closed on Mondays. I'd know this if I was a regular patron.

I made it to Pike Place Market which has the original Starbucks nearby. The place was busy. So that was where it all started...now I see them on every corner. That was one of the 'awe' moments when I started working in SF. Coffee places at every corner. You'd think I would have bought a tall something-or-other latte, but I don't do coffee. I listened to a gospel group perform songs. And at my request, they sang "Amazing Grace."
I walked by Pike Place Fish and saw the guys throwing the fish around. I wanted to stay longer but can't stand the smell of fish. Had lunch at a Russian restaurant. Yummy.
Oh yeah and my most expensive purchase was at Pike Place Market...Polish pottery. Beautiful.

Next came the cruise. This was very relaxing and the first place I saw some Hispanics. I can't move to a city that does not have Hispanics. They were from Venezuela.
The cool part about the cruise was seeing the Seatle skyline on a sunny day and seeing the Coast Guard ships that crack the ice out in th ocean.

My day continued with a stop at the Seattle Aquarium. It was not crowded! I know the target audience is probably children, but I love educational places. Teach me something. jejejej

I was wiped out by the end of the day.

No comments: