Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Seattle Day #4

Let see today was my final day in the Emerald City. Time flies.

I went up to the Bank of America Tower observation floor. "The tallest building in Seattle contains more lawyers in its 76 floors than in all of Japan." Amazing views. It was me and this professional photographer taking pictures for a good hour.


I'm not an architecture buff, but the main Seattle Public Library may have changed that. This is another reason to move to Seattle. I loved this place. It was just cool. Books galore, of course. Public computers every which way I looked. (sigh)

Next came something I did not want to miss Bill Speidel's Underground Tour in Pioneer Square. The tour guides were funny. I love a good sense of humor. Picture this: A toilet from the late 1800s. Camera flashes everywhere. Yep, I was right there with the Japanese tourists taking a picture of an old ass toilet and so was everyone else.

Went back to the Elliot Bay Book Company because it was right ther eand it was calling my name. A few more hours and it was time to go pack.

This was my intro to Seattle and I will be back. It was a wonderful birthday vacation.

No comments: