Saturday, June 11, 2005

Spanglish

I recall reading fabulous reviews about this film, but after seeing it I fail to see why the critics liked it so much. I fell asleep for a few minutes and that doesn't happen to me. (It happened once before with Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Stupid movie.)

The premise: A Mexican housekeeper (and she wasn't even Mexican!...pet peeve of mine) starts working for an American family.

The housekeeper's daughter got on my nerves. The wife got on my nerves. The lack of backbone of the husband got on my nerves. Why was the son even in the film? How the housekeeper and husband managed to fall for each other....


I spent the day touring Alameda with a friend where, if things go how I want them, I will be moving to soon enough. I don't want to live through another hot, almost humid summer. I want to live in an old victorian with wooden floors. They are few and far between, but I am going to try.

No comments: