Thursday, March 16, 2006

No more rain, please

I'm craving warmth and sunshine. Now. Every night I come home and turn on my heater. I place that sucker at a toasty 87 degrees. Let it run for roughly four hours, until it's almost at the point where the heat is about to turn uncomfortable. The heating bill isn't pretty because this place is drafty.

I didn't think I'd say this, but I wouldn't mind a 95 degree day right about now. A day where no jacket is required and sandals are needed.

Just wait. When I get that, I'll be wanting a nice, cold and breezy day. But no rain. I'm only a fan of rain when my kitchen is fully stocked and a couple of great movies or books are waiting for me.

I'm thinking about changing my work schedule. I want to discipline myself for summer. What does this all mean? Instead of carrying on with my lax schedule (roughly 10 AM until I feel I've had enough, on bad day that could be 10 AM to midnight which always sucks), I want to get to work at 7 AM and be out by 4 PM. I tried doing that today. I managed to get there at 9:05 AM. I'm not a morning person, but I used to be able to get up in the wee hours without a problem. I'm not talkative that early in the morning, but I used to be able to function. I can't really say that anymore. I need to succeed next week because I enrolled myself in some exercise classes and I don't want to throw that money away by being late or not making it at all.

Went to a seminar tonight. A seminar about buying your first home. And I paraphrase: the average price of a home in the Bay area is 600K. Those words are cause for depression if you ask me. I got a free book out of the seminar...that was cool.

I'm up way past my bedtime at the moment. The last few weeks I have just felt exhausted. Can't stay up and catch up on the late night talk shows anymore. Tomorrow morning is going to be fun trying to get myself into the meeting on time. They know they can start without me, I hope they remember that. I have a feeling I am going to be late. (sigh)

No comments: