Sunday, March 26, 2006

Email surprise

Today I turned on my computer because it had been over a week and I had not checked my personal email. Deleted a bunch of things (mostly forwards and jokes), but one of the items made my heart beat a little faster.

It was from E. I haven't heard from E in over three years. Our friendship ended for one reason or another. The funny thing is I finally unpacked Friday night. One of the boxes had picture frames and two of those were of E. I decided I needed to put the picture away and put some other picture in place. Then today I see the email. Short and to the point. She's been dreaming about me and wondering if I am okay. She's had dreams off and on since last summer. And one additional detail, she had a baby and has never been happier.

Emotions galore in the span of 10 minutes. Shock, happiness, anger, sadness and finally something I don't do normally. I started to cry and the crying was from hurt. I thought I was so over what happened and yet there I am crying like it just happened. Then that was all over and I was back to surprise again.

What a coincidence! I'm thinking of recycling pictures and then there is this email from the very person. What a fluke. Oh, but wait a minute, I don't believe in flukes or coincidences, it happened for a reason. Or then again I could be reading to much into it.

No comments: