Thursday, April 13, 2006

Traveling time is here

I managed to break two computers which left me computer-less at home. That's a good excuse for not updating this thing. One of the machines I had just spent some money on, when I finally got around to hooking it up it fell to the floor and some major damage was caused. The other machine was just old and not worth the pain of doing anything with. So my nerd self is very happy to be finally writing this update from my new 17" screen laptop. I got it yesterday and I've been looking forward to coming home to mess with it.

Here's the downside..somewhat. I want to tinker with this machine, but I will be on a plane to Hawaii tomorrow; specifically, I will be in Maui! It was planned in the last week. I knew I was going to go somewhere and it looked like it was going to be between Puerto Rico or Montreal. My friend said we should take a quick trip to Barcelona, but yours truly does not have a passport...yet. My options were obviously limited.

I have my guidebook, my sandals, island clothing (if you can call it that) and I'm ready. Ill pack tomorrow like always doing things last minute. Wish I could limit myself to a single carry-on, but it's not going to happen. I'll be checking in my bag and it might be a big bag. I'll hate dragging it around, but I like having choices, specially in the shoe department.

I have a new manager at work. Yippeee! It was time because the other one had turned into an I can't stand him situation. My new boss seems really cool and I'm looking forward to working with her after I get back from vacation.

Other than that, things have been good. I'm very blessed and thankful for it. ;)

No comments: