Friday, April 16, 2004

30


The jokes started early in the year. No problem. The questioning started this past week. Biased questions too. Men don't get this kind of crap.
-Don't you want to have children? As of now, no.
-Don't you want to get married? I'm not sure.
-Have you thought about settling down? It's not like I'm running around doing nothing.

I don't feel 30. I don't know what 30 is suppose to feel like. This age was the review date for goals I set more than a decade ago (accompanied by the real picture).
1) Ph.D. -Don't know what I want to study, but it's not Computer Science.
2) Career with one of the Big 5 Accounting firms -I'm in tech.
3) Married -Don't know if I want to be.
4) Twins -N/A
5) Pale yellow home with the white picket fence -Looking at overpriced properties.
6) A dog -It's inhumane to have a pet that will be alone more than 12 hours a day.

I was suppose to be hiking part of the Grand Canyon today to greet the new phase with a physical accomplishment. I did not train for it. Instead I have a sh*tload of laundry and then we are off to Reno, Nevada.

I'm happy. ;)