Monday, April 26, 2004

Heat


We walked over to Chinatown to get some fresh fruit for the week. Strawberries, Asian pears, grapes. No kumquats today. Ordered some almost-authentic chicken chow mein for lunch. Too bad we had to head back to the office, but did so walking along the water.

What is up with this heat? 90+ degrees in San Francisco! That is just sick. A week ago it was cold enough to need the heater on along with an umbrella and a jacket.

I don't know what I hate more: heat or freezing cold. If I had to choose, I'd choose cold rather reluctantly. With the cold, I can layer clothes to my heart's content. With heat, there is only so much clothes you take off and still look presentable in corporate America.

Overall, I shouldn't complain. California has great weather than the rest of the country. Extreme weather days are limited...thank goodness.