Monday, April 26, 2004

Uma and Denzel


My perfect job would be to watch movies. I don't know about reviewing them, but just pay me to watch them. hahahha

Kill Vill Vol. 2
Uma Thurman reprised her role of a strong woman. Loved the sequel. Sequels always seem to lose a little something. This one may have lost the violence of the Volume 1, but not the captivating story. It all comes together now, and you could call it a love story in a strange way. There is one scene that was pretty disgusting...the eyeball scene. Yuk!

Quentin Tarantino did a great job. Time to watch 'Pulp Fiction' again.

Man on Fire
Dakota Fanning...cutie! This little girl has the acting chops. I like Denzel Washington, but I like him more playing uplifting characters. These darker portrayals take some getting used to, even if one of them did win him an Oscar.

This movie deals with kidnappings in Mexico. It's rare that I watch Spanish news, but I did find out about Vicente Fernandez's son being kidnapped and losing a finger for proof of life. I also got info on Thalia's sister's kidnapping. (The latter made it into the Yahoo news shorts.) I know there is corruption in Mexico up the wazoo, but to see it
acted out on the big screen is pretty damn sad and upsetting. Not because "now people will know", rather "why isn't something being done about it and pronto."

Imagine being kidnapped and then having the kidnappers ask for a $10,000,000 ransom! That is just ridiculous, they might as well kill me then and there minus the torture, please.