Thursday, April 01, 2004

Office Politics


Once again I realized why I may not have a long and prosperous career. I don't like office politics. Don't know how to play the game and have no interest in learning how. I speak my mind and that is not always a good thing.

I'm on a project right now that is really testing my patience and sometimes my sanity. My manager asked me what I thought the problem was. I told her management was the problem. She seemed surprised and quickly said management was not the problem. People don't choose to be overworked, managers do that with unrealistic expectations and lack of planning.

For a split second, I wondered whether to keep expressing my opinions, afterall she asked me. I didn't. Instead I asked her what she was going to do, as our manager, to make the team's situation better. In my mind, I told myself "if you don't make our crazy schedules sane again you are part of the problem and you're part of management."