Tuesday, January 31, 2006

$97.45

That was the cost for this evening's entertainment. Coldplay concert in Oakland that is! It was cool. I had a great time considering I went by myself. I bought the ticket in November 2005 and at the time January 2006 seemed so far away to even remember with holiday festivities and all.

My seat was 20 feet away from the stage. What made the ticket worth it? At one point in the concert I was an arm's length away from lead singer Chris Martin. He left the stage and ran through the aisle with three (or four) bodyguards in tow. If I had reached out I would have touched him (or have the bodyguards slap my hand away), but it was enough to see him close up. There were two teenage girls who went crazy. I'm talking close to tears crazy for being that close to him. To be young again and excited in those ways again. (sigh) jejejejjeej

Fiona Apple opened the concert. I'm not a Fiona fan, but her set was alright.

I didn't think Coldplay would attract the pot-smoking crowd. Goes to show you what I know. They were into the second song when the people in front of me started smoking. Fourth to the last song and the people behind me were passing around a joint. It just so happens that I work with some of those people, it was a surprise to wind up sitting next to them. Now I know they 'smoke.'

I chatted with the person to my right. Nice guy. He will be going to tomorrow's concert in San Jose. The person to my left didn't talk.

I sang and danced to every song. For once I knew all the words. Well...except to the Johnny Cash song. I didn't know those words. Now I am not saying I'm a great dancer, but let it be known that some people cannot move. I couldn't tell if they were intoxicated or if they just plain had no rhythm whatsoever. It was kind of cute.

I'd definitely go see Coldplay again. Not tomorrow but rather when they are promoting their next album. It's my band. They, along with La Ley, got me through my last heartbreak.

No comments: