Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Broken everything

Yesterday was not my day. I broke the washing machine. I'm pretty sure I overloaded it. Three succesful loads and I got ambitious with the fourth one. When I went to the laundry room, it smelled like something was burning. I called it in fo repairs. Here's hoping they don't charge me. I mean...it could have happened to anybody.

Today was no my day. I gave the molly bolts a try when putting up the living room curtains. I followed directions to the letter. Now there are two nickel sized holes in the wall. I've plastered over them. All this and all I am trying to do is put up some simple curtains. In the end, I just used regular old screws. I can tell one set is not going to last very long. As sexist as this might sound, these are times when a boyfriend that is handy around the house would not hurt one little bit.

I have not been productive at work all this year. My schedule is changing everyday and that does not motivate me. So either I am going to sleep really late to give status tomorrow afternoon or wake up really early to have something to report. I don't know what my problem is, but I am not feeling the passion.

It's raining and it's cold. I only like this weather when I can lock myself up in my home with good books, great movies, easy music, hot chocolate and the heater on at full blast. Oh, and food, yummy food. My reality is getting up tomorrow. Dragging myself to work trying to avoid getting wet in the process.

I went out on a limb and invited some friends to Montreal. I've never been, they've never been. Hopefully, these plans will materialize.

It doesn't matter how old we get, we never seize to develop crushes. I need to find one for this month. jejejej It's fun seeing who has crushes on who and hearing the reasons why. Beauty (inner and outer) really is in the eye of the beholder.

My aunt has been diagnosed with the beginnings of cancer of the uterus. This is someone in my family, the first that I know of and I had no real reaction. Isn't lack of reaction shock?

No comments: