Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Body Art

I'm enjoying three shows this season. 'Dancing with the Stars' captures my attention from start to finish. Premise: You have 'stars' learning how to dance taught by professional dancers. I get a kick out of people trying something new. I like to see when they falter but more than anything when they succeed.

The two other shows are tattoo based shows. One of them is 'Miami Ink' about a tattoo shop in Miami. The other one is called 'Inked' set in Las Vegas. They have peaked my interest of getting a second tattoo. The work they do on these shows is really great stuff. I enjoy the stories of the people getting the tattoos. They give you a mini-background on why this person is going to get some art.
The shop members are seriously tattoed. This is terrible, but if I saw some of these people on a dark street, I'd be a little on edge. Maybe cross the street or grab my purse a little tighter. These shows show that lesson of always: never judge a book by its cover. Yeah they look a little weird if you are not used to seeing that, but they are just like you and me.

No comments: