Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Belated New Year

To my neglected blog. I'm amazed at the speed at which time goes by. Part of me is scared too. I admit it. Will I look back and regret some of these years? I don't think so, but I really don't know. I need to live by that quote that goes something like "live as if it were the last day of your life." If I were to live that way, I would be living within driving distance of my family. I'd be close enough to drop by for dinner or have them drop by at a moments notice.

Let see, I was in OKC for Christmas and New Years. I loved it. I have not relaxed that beautifully in a very long time. I enjoyed my family more than I have in years past. The weather was nice, it was not cold. It didn't even rain. I contacted my handful of dear friends, chatted it up like on the old days.

Came back to CA and extended my vacation at the last minute because I was not ready to go back to work. Got a cold which led to a fever which prompted me to stay home and get better since I was not being productive. I'm still coughing and sneezing too frequently for my comfort level, but I'm almost back to my old 'healthy' self.

During my vacatation I found out I could not donate one of my kidneys to my mom. Both of our hopes were up, and it was depressing. She's a strong lady, my mom. I started crying immediately it felt like a personal failure...my hopes were that high. Instead of me comforting her, she was comforting me telling me everything was going to be okay. There is the possibility to donate another way, it will take serious commitment on my part. More on that later.

I can't wait to se what this year has in store. I want to appreciate the good and hangle the bad with grace. Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.

No comments: