Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Empty Threat

I don't make threats. Today while expressing my discontent with a situation at work my words were perceived as a threat...that I was ready to leave the group. I have been very unhappy this week due to the amount of work that has been assigned to me. And unrealistic amount, if you ask me. They didn't ask me, but I experienced no qualms letting the powers that be know.

The reaction: 'If you feel this is not where you belong then you should start networking.'

This took me by surprise. I emailed a few people to see what else is going on in other groups. Change is good. But if there is going to be a change it needs to be at the company level not at the group level.

This is my drama which was soon put into perspective when I spoke to my mother. She told me my cousin's husband died. Their home burned down. My cousin and the children are okay, he didn't make it. To be widowed at 29 is big. Like I said, it put things in perspective.

No comments: