Friday, February 10, 2006

No time wasted

I avoided a phone call today. The phone call where I would have to decide if I really wanted to move to another group. I'll take this weekend to think about whether I want to risk burning some bridges.

We've been having beautiful weather. It's a minor break from the rain. I plan to take advantage of it by going hiking....if I wake up early enough.

I'm watching the Turin opening ceremony. All the athletes appeared cool, calm and collected albeit excited...until the Americans came out. Jumping in front of the cameras. Not all of them, of course, but enough. I was surprised to see this behaviour surpassed by the Italians. For once it's okay to come in second. ;)

I need/want to make it to Italy this year. The plan was to be there in April but that is not going to happen until later this year. This is why I sometimes don't like to make plans, to plan and not have it work out is disappointing. Maybe I should 'plan' for a spontaneous trip.

No comments: