Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Observations


There is this woman who claims to have multiple sclerosis. I take different trains, on different days and times and I always see her. She begs for money to pay for her doctors appointments. The first time I was sad to see it, but did not have money to give her. The second time I thought something was fishy about the situation. The third time I watched people give her money and get conned. Now I can effortlessly ignore her.

Women have boarded the train and sat right across from me. It is a 45 minute ride to my destination. In that time, I see plain-looking women transform themselves into beautiful women or above average looking women. It is very difficult not to sneak peeks at the work in-progress. "Putting on your face" is definitely an art. I know what they really look like along with every one else who took the time to notice. It seems deceptive and makes me appreciate the natural beauties out there.

Someone once sat next to me on my way home late one night. He started talking to himself. Then he started to snort something that looked white. (I only saw it out of the corner of my eye.) That was my cue to get the hell out of there.

I saw a very well dressed couple board the train. The guy was drunk out of his mind and bleeding from the top of his head. The girl was crying and muttering, "How could you do this to me?" Blood was making its way to his tuxedo. He was six feet tall, she was five feet tall at most. I felt sorry for her. How was she going to get him down the stairs, to the parking lot and the car? He needed help to stand up let alone walk.

People that don't want to move their bag/briefcase/suitcase from the seat next to them piss me off. Seriously, did their mom not teach them any better?

I have seen a guy walk up to another guy, punch him in the face, walk away and take a seat at the other end of the train. The victim looked shocked because he did not know the aggressor.

I have heard a seventeen year old tell another seventeen year old, "Your problem is you don't know anything about women." When the two kids got off at their destination me and everyone within earshot started laughing. One guy in his thirties said, "Yeah, I used to be young and stupid. Thought I knew everything." Every male nodded his head in laughter and unanimous agreement.

No comments: