Monday, January 31, 2005

Sideways (movie)

Two friends travel through wine country. It reminded me of the August trip my friend and I made. I could identify with Jack, since I know nothing about wine and don't have an inkling to learn more.

I got a kick out of the depicted wine culture. I sat there laughing because I know people like that. One of them was sitting next to me in the theater. ;)

This movie was funny. It helped that I did not have high expectations considering how often I'd heard it was a great movie. I'd never heard one of my friends laugh that much and loud in over three years...that definitely says something about this movie. Cheers, have some agua fria.

Before the movie we ventured out to taste some Singapore cuisine. I have a little problem when my dish arrives and I can still see red in the meat. Nope, not for me. Top that off with the degree of spiciness, I didn't really enjoy it. The cool thing was the presentation though. The dish had 1/4 a pineapple with the skin and leaves. I had to lay the pineapple on its side to see my friend across the table.

No comments: