Sunday, March 20, 2005

Bored

I have spent entire weekends reading or watching DVDs, not seeing a ray of natural sunlight in over 48 hours. This is not new to me and on rainy days, like today, even welcomed on my part. Yesterday and today, in my new carless state, I have been bored out of my mind. I don't like to drive in the rain. If the car was parked in its parking space, I would not be bored. Am I so dependent on a car that I cannot enjoy my day?

The thing that really bothered me was not being able to make it to mass today. My parents called and after hearing my woe ask, "Why don't you go to church with your friends?" Oh, because my friends are atheists and are not going to want to spend 1.5 hours in church with me on Palm Sunday where we'd probably not have seats because everyone and their mamma would be there along with their screaming children. "There atheists?" Yes or non-practicing Catholics like yourselves.

Consequently, I have the cleanest apartment this side of the hills. Good way to start Spring. Maybe the lord does work in mysterious ways. ;)

No comments: