Thursday, March 31, 2005

Scent

I have been observing people lately. Not much in the reading mood during my commute these days (due to the neck pain) so I use the time to check people out.

Women putting their make up on in the morning never cease to amaze me. What if someone bumps into you while you are putting on the mascara. The trains are crowded. You could seriously hurt your eyes. Is the risk worth it?

During the week I never get to sit by myself. Someone always sits next to me. There is that instant when someone sits next to you and you get their scent. Some days I'm lucky and the just showered person sits next to me. Is that Zest I smell? Such a clean odor, it makes me want to breathe deeper. Sometimes it's the person that had a cigarrete seconds before getting on the train. Don't like that much. It takes a few minutes to get used to the odor and eventually be able to ignore it. Why do people smoke? Yuk. Today was a doozie. On the morning commute someone that had a curry scent sat next to me. A strong curry scent. You know how when you walk into someone's house, the house has an odor? Often times it's a good odor, sometimes not even noticeable. Everyone has an odor. Other times, there is a distinct odor. That was what I was reminded of. A distinct odor. On the evening commute someone with some serious body odor sat next to me. Wow! Did you go to the gym and forget to shower? Do you not have a clue? Or maybe you just don't care. It was a nauseating 30 minutes. I had to alter my breathing. But I wasn't going to give my seat up, I was tired.

Body odor guy was also biting his nails. Biting nails in public does not look good. It's a bit gross. Biting nails is silent though, you don't get the nail clipper sound. Yep, I've seen and heard that too on the train. *Clip*Clip*Clip*

No comments: