Thursday, March 31, 2005

Exquisite Pain

The tension in my neck and shoulders has been building this past week. Today holding my head up required major effort. I made a last minute appointment with the visiting massage therapist. I was hoping to catch an hour, but my day was so hectic I was only able to squeeze a fifteen minute appointment. Oh my goodness! It was delicious even though the woman hurt me. It was painful when she hit the high tension spots, but it was a very good painful. The music was Enya-like. Of course. I told her, "I have a meeting in 15 minutes and I can't be late." Those fifteen minutes felt like an eternity. That's how good she was. She's got herself a new client.

I hadn't had a massage in years. The first time was great but extremely uncomfortable. The idea of having only towels covering specific body parts was too weird. I remember my friend and I walking up to the massage building and having to choose the therapist. It was either the extremely handsome guy or the petite older woman. We both chose the petite older woman. hahaha She was also amazing. When it was over I was milli-seconds from falling asleep. The next day I was in pain though, serious pain.

I should work on making massage a monthly (at minimum) event. That or acupuncture. I hear great things about acupuncture.

No comments: