Monday, March 07, 2005

Screwed

I screwed myself and was screwed by my coworker. Not in the "get-your-mind-out-of-the-gutter" sense, thank you very much. (If that were the case, this would probably be a happy post. Anyway...)

A document that was suppose to be up-to-date was grossly out-of-date. To the point that I had to rewrite the whole damn thing. What I thought was going to be two hours of edits turned into a f*cking all nighter. Meaning that as of the writing of this very sentence, I have been awake for the past 35 hours. The meeting was at 11AM and I finished printing all the copies at 10:58AM. That was close.

I'm upset with myself because I was told it was current so I delayed looking at the document. I already knew what I needed to edit, it was going to be quick. I'm upset with her because she lied to me. I'm upset at the team because we did not review the document at the meeting...they were too busy talking about the new project that takes priority over this one as of 10AM.

I accept my part in this. I am a procrastinator. I used to live for this kind of pressure, my best work usually came from these self-created, stressful scenarios. But today, this is not my thing anymore. I value my beauty sleep too much.

No comments: