Sunday, May 28, 2006

715!

My dad and I were at the game where Barry Bonds hit 715. We saw sports history in the making. That was so cool! It was my dad's first SF Giants game. We got decent seats. We were one of the first 10,000 people so we each got a bobble head at the door.

My family has a baseball history, not in playing, but in attending games. Growing up, if it was baseball season, we were either at a Dodgers game or an Angels game. We'll we do have a history in playing pick up games. I remember my father once took some time off work to see me play in a game when I was about 9. I was so happy he was there. Besides remembering how happy I was with his presence, I remember making a mistake while I was covering first base. That was so depressing. jejjejej

After the games we started to head towards Fisherman's Wharf. On the way to the wharf there were a group of people dancing tango our by the square. We sat down to observe. The group followed up with salsa and another dance. They were just there playing Spanish music having fun and not caring who looked on or not. Made me want to learn how to dance.

The wharf, tourist trap galore, was so crowded. I lost count of how many times people bumped into me. I don't ever remember it being this crowded. My mom and dad like going there so we always do. It's a nice afternoon out when the weather behaves and it did.

No comments: