Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I don't like her

Or rather I don't like working with her! I have discovered my bad side. I've always known it was there, but I don't use it. The coworker that gets on my last freaking nerve has surpassed my last freaking nerve. It took me a while to be okay with the fact that we were not going to be friends, we were just going to be coworkers. I swear she doesn't think before she asks questions and when you give her an answer she will argue with you that that is not the right answer. Part of me is happy that other people have come to the same conclusion...we would rather not work with her. Yet, we don't have the power to do anything about it. Therefore, I will continue to b*tch as needed.

Today I had an amazing day in aerobics class, because I needed to kick out all the frustration from my interaction with her (read previous paragraph).

I received another email from a long lost friend. I have to check my horoscope to see what is going on with the stars and my past.

Sunday I went to a '5 de mayo' festival. All I wanted to do was eat the junk food and I did. There was lots of music and lots of people. On the way to the area where the festival was taking place, there were countless Hispanics...by the hundreds. A couple of young black guys made a comment that took me by surprise. They noted the low number of police officers in sight. They said if the crowds were black instead of Mexican there would be a huge police presence. And sadly, it's true! I've seen it in other gatherings. I am constantly amazed by my own naiveness.

No comments: