Monday, May 01, 2006

No protest

I finally responded to the email E sent in March. I didn't think I was going to respond, but today felt right. I don't expect a restart of a friendship or a response. It was a courtesy she wanted to know if I was okay and I answered. I expressed my surprise over the baby and a congratulations. Short, sweet and to the point.

Management lied. But they not only lied, they lied to my face. I am naive! Different stories keep coming up about my friend who was let go. Management told me they tried to keep her, but that HR made a decision. Now I am told that management got approval to let her go. To my face. I might as well have the word gullible tattoed on my forehead.

Plans to go to LA in June to celebrate my friend's birthday. Not really the reason actually. I called her out of the blue and she tells me she is moving to Texas because she has a chance of owning a home there, not just a home but a big home (pool, spa) for a fraction of the cost of one in California. I have a feeling that will be me in a little while, because I am priced out of the SF market.

I went to work. I didn't attend the protests. People on the bus and at work kept looking at me with questioning eyes....shouldn't you be at the protest? Well, no not really. I debated it for a long time, but made the decision not to participate. My power lies in voting in all future elections for measures that are not anti-immigrants. There have been measures in the past and there will be in the future. It was beautiful to see the unity though, this looks like the start of something big. Only time will tell.

No comments: