Saturday, May 20, 2006

Goodbyes suck

Mom left today in the afternoon. We always tell each other we are not going to cry, but I always do. As soon as she got in the security check line I got a knot in my throat, this is when my ability to speak disappears. All I was able to do was hug her, I couldn't even say goodbye or call me or I love you.
I can never come straight home after an airport goodbye because loneliness is thick. I never feel lonely, but when my mom or dad leave I only feel loneliness. To escape the feeling I go to the movies or take myself shopping. Anything that keeps me away from my apartment. I have a new pair of shoes.

Before she left we made another movie run, 'The Da Vinci Code.' I have been waiting for this movie for such a long time. I spent a quarter of it yawning. I really thought this movie was boring. The book was great, a real page turner. The movie did not do it justice. The thing I really enjoyed was the locales. Until I get to go to France in person, I need to settle for the images I see in movies. I liked hearing the accents both English and French. I didn't hate the movie, but I didn't love it either. It ran a bit long. My mom thought it was interesting. Interesting is code for b-o-r-i-n-g. And I still think Vince Vaughn (yes, the guy from Wedding Crashers) should have played the lead, he could have pulled it off. All the other casting was good, specially Audrey Tautou...she's a cutie.

No comments: