Friday, February 18, 2005

Minneapolis, MN (MSP)

I had to reserve a door-to-door van to get me to SFO by 5am. The driver picked up three other passengers on the way. Two of them were going to the East coast to attend a funeral. Whatever doubts I was having about traveling were quickly wiped away. You just never know what life has in store for you.

To date, there are no direct flights to OKC. The first leg was SFO-MSP. I was the only 'person of color' on this flight. This has never happened before! It felt extremely weird. Walking to my connecting flight (MSP-OKC) all I saw were white people. If there was any doubt it was quickly cleared, I was not in California anymore.

During the first leg of my trip nobody talked unless they were traveling together, which is normal. On the second leg, people were chatting each other up. Smiling. Helping fellow travelers stow their luggage. Further affirmation that Midwesterners are extremely nice.

This trip was suppose to be a surprise. In the end it was not. Oh well.

No comments: