Saturday, February 26, 2005

Movie Marathon Saturday

That's what I'm officially calling today. Somewhere along the line I have dropped the ball on my movie watching habit. Part of the reason is the turnaround time it takes for a movie to make its DVD release. It's quick. Quick enough for me to wait them out.

Finding Neverland
This movie was magical for me. It displayed the power of imagination, which in this day and age seems all but gone specially for kids mired in video games.

It was a beautiful visual trip just like The Phantom of the Opera was. And Johnny Depp, don't even get me started. He's beautiful.

Maria Full of Grace
I'll support a Spanish language movie any day. But I did not find this movie over the top. It was good, but I didn't think it was great. The movie did make me gag though while watching Moreno's character practice how she was going to get those pellets down.

Don Fernando is the real deal. A real pillar of the community who has sent bodies back to their home country after an untimely death. My hats off to him.

The evils of money were well captured. I'd like to see a movie of third world country individuals selling their organs to people with money in first world countries.

I liked hearing all the Usted form of speaking. It sounds nice and different. I usually save it for my elders or strangers.

Ray
All the hype surrounding this movie was close to becoming over-hype. It was good. To see the struggles of a person and then overcome them is always a good to see. Determination and passion: characteristics of the greats.

I've always wondered what it's like to do drugs. Thank goodness for that something in me that fears traveling down that road.

No comments: