Saturday, February 12, 2005

Stitches

I made it to Santa Clara for the yearly knitting convention. Yarn is expensive, I still don't know why I initially thought knitting was a cheap hobby. I had a sensory overload, so many beautiful colors and so soft to the touch. I saw a couple of men knitting, which reminded me to check my generalizations at the door. Then there were the other men, the men whose wives or girlfriends dragged them there. Poor guys, I felt for them, but it is Valentine's weekend and you have to keep the women happy. ;)

Getting to Santa Clara gave me a headache. Yahoo gave me incomplete directions. I was lost for two hours! Two hours is a long time to be lost and traveling between Milpitas and San Jose in hot weather. I finally stopped at a Borders to look at a map. I realized I was always a bit too south of my final destination. Oh well.

My project is a baby hat for a friend who is expecting in May. It's an exquisite hand-dyed, angora and merino yarn.

No comments: