Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Secret Lives of Dentists (movie)

I enjoyed this movie because it was a slice of life view, albeit not under the best circumstances. Premise: A married couple, both dentists, with three children and the added drama of infidelity on the wife's part.

Campbell Scott's character, David Hurst, sees what seems to be his wife kissing another man. For the duration of the movie, he does not question her. He fears he will lose her so he keeps his doubts to himself.

Can you imagine having this gnawing feeling that your spouse is cheating on you and not say anything? Not ask questions. Not react for fear of losing that person. If that was me, the fear of losing my spouse would be what would make me seek a confrontation. Here's to never having to find out how I would react in such a situation.

No comments: