Sunday, July 03, 2005

Oh Brother

My mother tells me my brother is upset with me. He is upset that I come here and involve myself in family drama. Well, sh*t, it's my family too. His point is that I don't live here. I come here for visits throughout the year. That I should not be adding fuel to any fires. Part of me agrees with him, in two days I will be back in CA and this drama will not be part of my life. But right now, I am here and I feel the tension.

Spent the day with my friend who in turn took me to meet her friends. It was nice to see she has good people around her. We ranged in age from 23 to 54. In no way was I expecting to hear the words: man-whore. Overwhelming testimony of what I always believed..the best looking men are in Italy the only problem is that the Italian men agree with this statement.

What came out of this gathering was an announcement of planned trips. MQ told everyone I'd be in Spain in April. (It's actually Spain and Italy. M signed up to go with me.) The rest of her friends will be there in July 2006.

Spanish. English. Farsi. Vietnamese. German. French. those were all the languages that could be heard in that house this lazy Sunday afternoon over coffee and pastries. It was nice. All women, of all ages, of all nationalities.

No comments: