Saturday, July 16, 2005

Summer is here

Today was a a wonderful 103 degrees. Yuk. I turned on the AC (which was working yesterday) and it did not work. Leasing office said the earliest they could come fix it is Monday! This meant bookstore and movies...doing things I enjoy that happen the have air conditioning.

Wedding Crashers
Can people actually crash weddings? These days everything is invite only. I've never seen people hook up at weddings, there is too much pressure, you are at a wedding for goodness sake. Regardless, the movie was funny. Football seen was hilarious. The crazy chick was over the top.
Having been a bridesmaid twice myself, I can assure you the only thing that was going through my mind was 'When can I change out of this dress?'

Seeing Vince Vaughn on the big screen reminded me that he was my first choice to play the lead in The DaVinci Code movie. Yes, we see him in comedies, but he could do drama. It's all in the face, the demeanor and he has it.

Dinner with a Perfect Stranger was my purchase for the day. I've heard buzz surrounding this book. Many were buying the latest Harry Potter (I only read the first book) while I was content with the small book.

No comments: