Saturday, March 13, 2004

Author and Extreme Sports


Secret Window
Johnny Depp. This man could not look bad even if he tried. This was a quirky suspense film. I enjoyed it. I didn't get it as fast as one of my companions did.

What was the deal with the 'secret window?' It had to be the secret window into the mind.


Touching the Void
I love watching extreme sports. The IronMan Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii. Mark Burnett's Eco-Challenge. Anything where people push themselves to their limit and sometimes beyond that limit. I sit there and root for everyone. Become emotional over people who have overcome obstacles to be there, e.g., cancer or blindness.

When I found out about this docu-drama it was a simple matter of deciding what day I'd see it. Mountain climbers battling the elements and having almost tragic consequences. Yes, they lived to tell about it and that is what makes this so chilling.

When they were describing the cold, I'd get cold. When they got teary-eyed, so did I. They were tested and yet they went back. I use the word 'fools' with the utmost respect.