Saturday, March 06, 2004

Nostalgia


Time has flown by at warp speed. Where did the days go? It was just yesterday
that I was a kid, at least that is how it feels. Images from my youth are creeping
here and there. Thanks to VH1's I Love the 70s and I Love the 80s.

Seeing the icon images of those days is hysterical. The things that were popular.
The clothes we wore. Sweet memories. I'm waiting for The Cosby Show to be
released on DVD. Those were the days of "thank god it's Thursday." 8pm on NBC.

Which is why I went to see...

Starsky & Hutch
Talk about old school television comeback. Ben Stiller starring. I had to see it. I
use to have a pair of shoes, my favorite, that were exactly like Starsky's. Seeing
those on the big screen was worth the entire movie ticket and the movie was funny
to boot.

Monsieur Ibrahim
Great performance by Omar Sharif, the critics wrote. I just wondered who Omar
Sharif was. Apparently I have missed many of his early works: Lawrence of Arabia,
Doctor Zhivago
and Funny Girl to name some. Thank goodness
for Netflix.

This was a predictable but sweet film. Made me yearn for a grandfather figure in my
life. Never got to know either of them.