Sunday, March 21, 2004

Montreal


All images I have seen of Montreal have been beautiful. It appears to be even more beautiful than Vancouver. And that is saying a lot, I loved Vancouver. It draws comparisons to the 'feel of' Europe. Until I make it to my all-time dream destination of Italy, Montreal will have to do...hopefully, sooner than later. (Unfortunately, 5 hours seems to be my airborne limit. *sigh*)

Taking Lives
This film takes place in Montreal. Dreary weather, cobblestone streets. (This is one of the reasons I like foreign films, I can see the places and pick up little things about the culture. The little that make the cut.)

My brother highly recommended I see this film. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Angeline Jolie was the female lead. Yeah, right. He compared it to Silence of the Lambs. Reason enough for me.

It was somewhat predictable, but I still jumped a few times.