Sunday, March 07, 2004

Homeowner


Me? I have thought about it, but not seriously. That just seems like such
an adult thing to do. (Oh yeah, I am an adult.)

I've been going nuts looking for a new apartment to call my home. Some
of the my coworkers want me to consider buying a home. In theory, it's a
great idea. And knowing how houses appreciate around here the sooner the
better.

They forget one key thing. All of them have a spouse that helps with the
monthly mortgage payment. It's not an excuse, but it does help relieve some
of the responsibility stress.

For now, I'm thinking about it. They have planted the seed of maybe settling
down and building some equity. I only thought I would be here for one year and
I'd go back to Los Angeles or move to another state. This year will be my fourth
anniversary here. Hmm...