Friday, January 16, 2004

Books on Tape


I've known books on tape have been around for a while, but I've
never really bothered. Well, I bothered. I reserved a book on tape
from the library months ago and I finally got it.

Steve Martin's Shopgirl. Yes, the same Steve Martin who starred in the
Three Amigos, L.A. Story, and Father of the Bride among many other films.

Skeptical as I was initially, I am now a fan of his writing. He knows how to tell a
story. Straightforward story, but he captured the complex emotions so well.

I looked forward to listening to this story about every other day depending on
my schedule. My imagination was fine-tuned with this recording. I could sit back,
relax and imagine it all.

Lazy? Could be; but, I don't really care. I enjoyed reading time as a young kid.
One of my favorite memories has to do with my ex and I reading to each other.

I look forward to reading or listening to books in the future, which will include
other works by Steve Martin.