Saturday, January 17, 2004

Ikea


I had not been to Ikea in over two years. Parking is a pain. Traffic is
murder. Since I had to go to work and it was on my way home, I
decided to stop and see if anything had changed.

Nope, nothing had changed. Same cute/weird stuff. That is why I stay
away. When I walk into Ikea, I ask myself, "What do I want?"
Note how that should actually read "What do I NEED?"
The answer is: I don't need anything.

I walked out with kitchen stuff and other junk. Let see, it is the seventeenth
day of 2004 and I have yet to cook anything in my own home. The funny thing
is one look at my kitchen and no one could help but conclude that I must be a
great cook. Wishful thinking. Subconsciously, I must think that if the kitchen
looks inviting and nice I would eventually go in there and cook. We'll see if
my subconscious is correct.

Ikea is also a great place to people watch. Any onlooker is guaranteed to see
the following:

  1. people who just moved in together
  2. couple's disagreeing (read: fighting)
  3. bored men
  4. people trying to remember how big the space is where the new thing is
    suppose to go
  5. bored kids running around to not be bored

The first two things got me to thinking about couple's and how I am not part
of one. Then came the real question: Do I want to be in a relationship?
After some contemplation the answer was still no. I'll have to revisit this later.

People should control their darn kids.